UltraMixer, as the name suggests, is a mixing program aimed at DJs. Fitted with two channels a mixer and library, it allows you to store your tracks and play them consecutively, adjusting sound settings along the way.
UltraMixer's interface is clear although first time DJs will probably find it handy to get grips with the different elements. Use of typical features like the crossfader, equalizer or cue are just like you would expect on a regular mixer. The UltraMixer library is well organized in a tree structure, and allows you to keep all your different tracks the way you're most comfortable with.
The installation process is long and awkward however and is probably aimed at getting you to purchase the more advanced, expensive version of UltraMixer. Within this download, there are three versions: professional, basic and free. You'll need a key to activate the demo, and the process takes too long.
UltraMixer is a powerful DJing application but the awkward and lengthy installation process to access the free version will frustrate and annoy many.
- new: [AudioEngine] New function "Analyze tracks" combines old BPM, Waveform and Beat calculations.
- new: [DB-Importer] Possible to test the BPM Studio import in demo version with up to 100 tracks.
- new: [DB-Importer] Synchronize groups imported from BPM Studio after import.
- new: [FileArchive] Automatic database backups and user-friendly re-import after downgrade to a previous version.
- new: [FileArchive] Mix recordings are shown in file archive tree now.
- new: [FileArchive] New column "dance style" (is stored in id3 tag and filearchive).
- new: [FileArchive] New column for listing TPM (meter per minute).
- new: [FileArchive] New column for listing the meter.
- new: [FileArchive] Removing tracks is not possible with recursive view (folder icon) enabled.
- new: [FileArchive] Show track count for each structured group in the FileArchive tree.
- new: [MIDI] Support for Numark DJ2GO.
- new: [MIDI] Support for DJ controller Synq DMC-2000.
- new: [Preferences] New option "use multi column search".
- new: [Preferences] Option "save last x mixing sessions" allows now unlimited mixing sessions.
- new: [User Guide] New description of sync modes.
- new: [User Interface] Drag and drop from groups "played tracks" and "structured" into all playlists.
- new: [User Interface] Repeat function to repeat a single track (right click on waveform or loop).
- changed: [FileArchive] Faster import of big hard disks into FileArchive.
- changed: [FileArchive] Faster listing of groups in file archive.
- changed: [Frontend] Preview player stays open when exiting archive mode.
- changed: [Other] Optimized mid range in 3 band EQ.
- changed: [Preferences] Separate options to load the first Cue Point and the first Beat while loading a track.
- changed: [Skinning] Pitch buttons are shown in correct order dependent on pitch slider style.
- changed: [User Interface] New button "yes all" in confirmation dialog when deleting tracks from hard disk.
- fixed: [AudioEngine] Player jumps to loop in point on pressing loop button (e.g. "4") if you has scratched before.
- fixed: [AudioEngine] Short samples are not played completely.
- fixed: [DB-Importer] Playlists with space characters in their name are not imported completely from BPM Studio.
- fixed: [FileArchive] Comment fields contain sometimes internal data from iTunes.
- fixed: [FileArchive] Detail search for years from-to with "and" selected does not return any results.
- fixed: [FileArchive] First start FileArchive import may create sub-groups in the wrong group.
- fixed: [FileArchive] Genre fields read from MP3 files with ID3 v2.4 tag are displayed as a numbers.
- fixed: [FileArchive] Ordering a table by track numbers like "09/20" does not work as expected.
- fixed: [Other] Demo tracks are added to playlist on every start up.
- fixed: [Other] High CPU load when playing tracks from an audio CD.
- fixed: [Other] MusicChecker does not check video files and files with uppercase file extensions.
- fixed: [Other] Resonance effect is enabled sometimes even if its on zero position.
- fixed: [SoundPlayer] Pitch down button gets stuck sometimes when using small steps of 0.01.
- fixed: [SoundPlayer] Seldom sound crackle after multiple cueplay.
- fixed: [Waveform] Mini Waveforms may be drawn wrong when a track is unloaded very fast.